As experienced Gwinnett County family law attorneys, we can help you get modifications to alimony, child support, and child custody orders.

At Zimmerman & Associates , we know that going through a divorce is an emotional and stressful time in your life. Faced with major changes, one of the biggest concerns clients often have is making the adjustment to living on just one income. This is especially true in situations in which you may have counted on your spouse’s earnings to supplement your own. As experienced Norcross alimony attorneys, we help clients in these situations rebuild their lives by getting them the spousal support they need.

Your Rights to Alimony in Georgia

Court orders pertaining to alimony, child support, and child custody help to ensure people are provided for, and their rights are protected. Unfortunately, plans put in place during previous legal proceedings may no longer work in the current situation. When new evidence comes to light, or circumstances change, you may need to request a modification. At Zimmerman & Associates, our Gwinnett County family law attorneys provide the aggressive legal representation you need in this situation.

Situations in Which Modifications May be in Order

Legal proceedings involving divorce, and related issues, are listed under Title 19 of the Georgia Code. These dictate how matters such as alimony, child custody, and child support should be handled. Parties involved are generally required to appear at various hearings while undergoing mediation and other efforts to reach a fair settlement in their case. Once an order is issued, both parties are obligated to follow it. Not doing so could subject you to serious legal ramifications, including an order being issued for your arrest.

What happens when changes need to be made in these orders? Situations can change dramatically over the course of months or years. When they do, our Gwinnett County family law attorneys can assist you in obtaining a modification. At Zimmerman & Associations, we provide the trusted legal guidance you need when seeking the following:

What are the Requirements for Obtaining a Modification?

At Zimmerman & Associates, our Norcross family law attorneys have decades worth of combined experience helping people in our area obtain modifications of existing court orders through the Gwinnett County Superior Court. In general, the only requirement is that there must be a significant change in the situation or circumstances to prompt a change in the previously issued court order. We file the appropriate documents and can help you in gathering the following evidence, which will be used in your case:

Contact Our Gwinnett County Modification Attorneys Today

At Zimmerman & Associates, we can assist you in getting modifications of any current court orders that are in place. To request a consultation about your case, contact our Norcross family law attorneys today.