Norcross Cyber Stalking Defense Lawyers
To protect yourself against potentially serious penalties for cyber-stalking in Georgia, get our Norcross criminal defense attorneys on your side.
Most of us spent a significant amount of time online today, both for personal and professional reasons. While the internet does provide an easy way to meet people and keep up with their activities, it is important to be cautious when it comes to their privacy. Using the internet to follow, surveil, and otherwise harass others could result in charges of cyber-stalking.
If you or someone you love is facing these types of charges, Zimmerman & Associates provide the trusted guidance and professional representation you need. Our experienced Norcross stalking attorneys can build you a strong legal defense, protecting you against the serious penalties that can result from a criminal conviction.
Cyber-Stalking in Gwinnett County
Under Section 16-5-90 of the Georgia Code, stalking is defined as following, placing under surveillance, or contacting another person at a public or private place without their consent. It involves engaging in a knowing and willful course of conduct directed at another person that serves no legitimate purpose. Instead, it harasses and intimidates the victim, resulting in emotional distress and causing them to fear for the safety and wellbeing of themselves or their family members.
While stalking once involved mainly monitoring someone’s phone calls, mail, or social activities and showing up uninvited at their work or school, the proliferation of online activities has made stalking over the internet more common. Today, cyber-stalking in Gwinnett County can take any of the following forms:
- Initiating unwanted contact and invading someone’s privacy through the use of websites and chat rooms;
- Monitoring their behavior on social media;
- Hacking into their computer or online accounts;
- Sending unwanted emails and instant messages.
We Defend You Against Cyber-Stalking Charges in Norcross
At Zimmerman & Associates, we provide the professional legal representation you need when facing cyber-stalking charges in the Gwinnett County Courts. Our goal is to protect you against serious penalties you could be facing, which in addition to heavy fines, court costs, and a criminal record that will follow you the rest of your life, include up to one year or more in jail, depending on whether you have any prior convictions.
You can count on Norcross cyber-stalking attorneys to take the legal actions needed to defend and protect you in this situation. This includes:
- Reviewing your charges, the circumstances surrounding your arrest, and evidence against you;
- Conducting our own thorough investigations into your case and gathering evidence in your favor;
- Negotiating with police and prosecuting attorneys to have your charges dropped or reduced;
- Appearing by your side at hearings and making strong legal arguments before the judge or jury in your case;
- Arguing for alternative sentencing and filing criminal court appeals.
Contact Our Gwinnett County Cyber-Stalking Attorneys Today
To protect yourself against cyber-stalking charges and the serious penalties you could be facing, get Zimmerman & Associates on your side. To request a consultation, call or contact our Norcross cyber-stalking attorneys online today.