Why Do I Need a Criminal Defense Attorney and How Can Zimmerman & Associates Help?
A criminal defense attorney will give you the best chance of a favorable outcome when you are facing criminal charges.
Whether you have been charged with assault, impaired driving, or another crime, you are likely very worried about your future. You may be facing high fines, jail time, and the potential of a criminal record that will significantly hinder your future opportunities. You need a Georgia criminal defense lawyer who will ensure your rights are always protected and give you the best chance of a successful outcome.
Why Do I Need a Criminal Defense Attorney?
Without a criminal defense attorney protecting your best interests, you may find that you are at the mercy of the prosecution. You may not know how to negotiate with the prosecution effectively, and you may hurt your case by pleading guilty without any benefit to you. A Georgia criminal defense attorney can help you:
- Reduce your charges: In some instances, it is possible for an attorney to negotiate with the prosecution to reduce your charges. For example, if you are charged with aggravated assault, which is a felony, a lawyer may be able to get the charge reduced to simple assault, which is a This can result in penalties that are much less severe.
- Avoid jail time: By negotiating for another sentence, such as probation or completion of a Pretrial Intervention and Diversion Program, a criminal defense lawyer can help you avoid jail time altogether.
- Negotiate a plea bargain: State prosecutors will often offer to reduce the charges in exchange for a guilty plea. A lawyer will review any plea bargain offer and advise on whether it is in your best interests to accept it.
How Can Zimmerman & Associates Help with Your Case?
When you work with our experienced Georgia criminal defense attorneys, we will handle every aspect of your case and prepare you for every step along the way. While working on your case, we will:
- Explain the criminal justice system.
- Protect your rights by ensuring the prosecution is acting fairly; review plea offers and advise you on whether you should request a jury trial, bench trial, or enter a plea.
- Investigate and research the case and answer any questions you have.
- File motions on your behalf.
- Get discovery, including police reports and videos.
- Make sure you are properly prepared for court.
- Advise on how to move forward with your case and which defense is most appropriate.
The above are just a few advantages of working with our skilled attorneys at Zimmerman & Associates. We will always make sure you are prepared and will always provide you with any updates on the status of your case.
Call Our Georgia Criminal Defense Attorneys in Georgia Now
If you have been charged with a crime, do not take your chances by going up against the criminal justice system on your own. At Zimmerman & Associates, our Georgia criminal defense attorneys will always ensure your rights are protected and will give you the best chance of a positive outcome. Call us now at (770) 350-0100 or contact us online to schedule a free meeting with one of our attorneys.