Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
Having an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side helps to protect your rights so that you can get the maximum amount you deserve to recover in a claim.
Accidents resulting in personal injuries are a common occurrence. They can happen in a variety of settings and can have a significant impact on every area of your life. Even seemingly minor injuries can require extensive medical care, while also keeping you from working, or performing simple household tasks. In more severe cases, an accident can end up leaving you with permanent disabilities. With your future well-being and financial security on the line, it is important to get an experienced Norcross personal injury lawyer on your side.
Estimating the Costs of Personal Injuries
Personal injuries can occur as a result of motor vehicle accidents, slips and falls, product manufacturing defects, sports or recreational mishaps, or in any number of other ways. According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), these types of injuries send close to 30 million people to hospital emergency rooms each year. In many cases, it is the reckless or negligent actions of others that are to blame.
In these situations, holding at-fault parties responsible for the expenses you incur as a result of your injuries is a top priority. A personal injury lawyer can help you tally up all the costs you incur as the result of an accident, so that they can be included in your claim and in any settlements offered. These costs are likely to include:
● Immediate medical expenses, such as hospital bills, diagnostic testing, treatment, and medications;
● Follow up care, which may involve ongoing doctor visits, physical therapy, and chiropractic care;
● Medical equipment, such as wheelchairs, crutches, or other devices;
● Costs associated with home health aides and modifications which must be made to your home during the recovery period;
● Lost wages, due to the time off work you need for medical treatment or to recover from your injuries;
● Future costs and expenses, in the event your injuries end up resulting in permanent disabilities.
Get an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer on Your Side
If the person responsible for your accident is insured, you may find yourself dealing with a representative from the insurance company. These companies are a business like any other. As such, their bottom line is protecting profits. According to the Department of Justice, it is a common tactic among insurers to either deny claims or to dispute the amount to which you are entitled. To ensure you get the maximum amount to which you are entitled, a personal injury lawyer can take the following actions:
● Providing our own investigations into your accident;
● Gathering evidence in support of your claim;
● Reviewing the terms of the policy;
● Negotiating settlements on your behalf;
● Filing a personal injury lawsuit in the event an appropriate settlement amount cannot be reached.
Our Norcross Personal Injury Lawyers Fight for Your Rights
At Zimmerman & Associates, we fight for your rights in seeking compensation when accidents and injuries occur. To discuss how we can help you, contact our Norcross personal injury attorneys and schedule a free consultation today.