Common Types of Personal Injuries
Personal injuries can impact you now and for years into the future. At Zimmerman & Associates, our Gwinnett County personal injury attorneys help you get the compensation you deserve.
Personal injuries occur due to the reckless and negligent actions of others. When these impact you or those you love, Zimmerman & Associates provides the aggressive legal representation you need. While you focus on your recovery, our experienced Gwinnett County personal injury attorneys focus on getting you the compensation to which you are entitled.
Common Personal Injuries in Gwinnett County
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that personal injuries are a leading cause of death and disability in the U.S. When the reckless actions of others are to blame, Zimmerman & Associates help you get the compensation you deserve. Common types of injuries suffered by our clients in Gwinnett County include:
- Severe cuts and lacerations: Deep cuts and lacerations can occur due to broken glass or contact with sharp metal objects. Scarring and potentially life-threatening infections can occur as a result.
- Broken bones and multiple fractures: Depending on the location and severity, broken bones can leave you out of work for months and may cause permanent disabilities.
- Burn injuries: Burns can occur due to fires or contact with hot liquids and surfaces. They often require months of painful recuperation and leave victims with permanent scarring and disfigurement.
- Crushing injuries: These can cause damage to internal organs and internal bleeding, which can prove fatal.
- Amputations: These are devastating injuries that require extensive medical treatment and physical rehabilitation for years after an accident occurs.
- Back and neck injuries: As one of the most common types of injuries, injuries involving the neck and upper or lower back often result in permanent impairments and can leave victims in chronic pain.
- Shoulder injuries: Often occur as a result of car accidents or falls, surgery may be required to repair the damage and regain use in the affected area.
- Soft tissue injuries: These involve strains, sprains, and tears that affect the muscles, tendons, and ligaments throughout the body. The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) warns that even in seemingly minor cases, it can take a year or more to recover.
- Head injuries: Any type of bump or blow to the head can result in concussions, skull fractures, and other types of injuries. Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) that occur as a result can cause permanent physical, emotional, and cognitive impairments.
- Spinal cord injuries: As one of the most severe types of permanent injuries, any damage to the spinal cord may result in partial or complete paralysis. This can occur temporarily or on a permanent basis.
- Wrongful death: This claim is generally filed by family members of a deceased victim against the party whom they deem primarily responsible for the death. This personal injury claim can be filed against individuals, businesses, organizations and government agencies.
Our Gwinnett County Personal Injury Attorneys are Here to Help
When personal injuries impact you or a loved one, reach out to Zimmerman & Associates. We are here to help you get compensation for your medical expenses and lost wages, present and future, as well as for the pain and suffering you experience as a result. To request a consultation, call or contact our Norcross personal injury attorneys online today.